Wednesday, August 21, 2013

[ muskoka eats ]

WELL, it wouldn't be a trip back to Canada without indulging in some of the treats we can't get in Dubai {I think we ate our way through Muskoka!}.

Heading up to Muskoka means a definite stop at Webers near Orillia...


For 50 years, this family-owned highway spot has been serving up charcoal barbecued homemade burgers. And it doesn't matter how long the line, it's always the first stop along the way to the cottage. They've got their assembly line service down to an art...



Of course seeking out butter tarts is a no-brainer. Not only did we drive to our favourite little lady in Rosseau for hers, we also made our annual stop to Marty's...




We were lucky to be there when the Muskoka Ribfest was going on so we had to check it out...


Battling it out for awards for best ribs, best sauce, best pulled-pork, it was a BBQ lover's dream... 


I settled for a pulled pork on a bun and a sample of ribs ~ if I had been smart, I would have brought back a bottle of their sauce!



A cute spot for breakfast where the 3 big lakes meet in Port Carling ~ Just Crepes...


Who doesn't love crepes? Especially one filled with fresh berries and whipped cream?



And an afternoon break for local Kawartha Dairy ice cream at Muskoka Cones...


I'll have the Caramel Snapper please {caramel filled chocolate turtles in toffee flavoured ice cream twirled with thick English toffee}...



Needless to say, we certainly didn't hold back! Now to work off all those extra pounds we gained and get back to my normal eating routine! Oh well, that's what vacations are all about!

What kinds of treats have you been enjoying this summer?

lisa

7 comments:

20 North Ora said...

Sounds like my kind of travel - eating your way thru the town! LOL

Judy

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Yumm-o!! I did the same thing when visiting CA this summer. I dragged my family to all the places we don't have in TX that I missed. Even certain fast food restaurants. Luckily they put up with me!

Meeling said...

YUM! Oh my gosh - delicious eats is right! And butter tarts...say no more!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Weber's is still there, hoe great is that! The last time I was there would have been 1980. Thanks for the memories. Patty/BC

Formerly known as Frau said...

Nothing beats going home but going home and having all your favorites! Have a wonderful weekend!

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

YUM! Looks delicious! I have been to that rib-fest a couple of times here in Michigan. Always fun. My youngest LOVES his BBQ! They really like the Australian BBQ that is there each year. Must be nice to have your favorites foods after being away from them for so long.

SHERRY HART said...

Holy smokes....I just ate breakfast and now I'm hungry after seeing all that great food!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails