Friday, July 2, 2010

[ happy weekend! ]

PLANNING A little time outdoors with friends this holiday weekend? How about this fun, simple centrepiece using handpicked river rocks? An Inukshuk is a symbol of friendship and harmony and if anyone has driven through Ontario, you'll often see little Inukshuks that have been created by other travellers on the side of the highway.



And I can't think of a better way to end the day than roasting up some of these on a bonfire! Happy 4th of July weekend to all my American friends and Happy Canada Day weekend to my fellow Canucks!

lisa


[styleathome.com, getty]

8 comments:

La Dolfina said...

I love this Lisa. I would love to do one! Yum somores!!
Happy Canada Day weekend to you sweet friend :)

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

I love this Lisa - we are very into building rock sculptures everywhere we go. We love Andy Goldsworthy - if you do know his work, check it out!

Happy holiday weekend to you!
best ~maureen

Unknown said...

That is so cool that someone would take the time to do that! What a neat idea, like paying it forward! XO!

Anonymous said...

Lovely images as always Lisa! I am planning on going on a scenic train ride with the family over a super high bridge so I am totally freaking out but the family really wants to go so what can I do.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend with your friends and family!

Unknown said...

Happy Canada Day weekend to you...roasted marshmallows on a summer eve...THE best! xx

annechovie said...

Happy Canada Day wknd to you, Lisa!

Privet and Holly said...

This is very cool, my dear! An inukshuk! Happy Canada Day to you and yours! Our favorite American neighbor : ) May yours be filled with many lovely memories....and 'lots of marshmallows, too!
xx Suzanne

Anne Lorys said...

How neat! :-)

Have a very safe and Happy Fourth of July!
Hugs,
Anne

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails