Wednesday, December 1, 2010

[ a sprinkling of Christmas ]

NOW THAT the Christmas tree is up and sparkling in its corner, I've been adding a few little Christmas touches around the room. I like to keep things fairly simple and in keeping with our pale colour scheme and make a few little switcheroos with our everyday accessories.

a big white bowl that normally sits on our island is filled with ornaments...


our big star over the fireplace gets some icy sparkle with mercury glass balls and branches...



a simple golden wreath is hung with sheer ribbon over the doors...


the TV armoire is embellished with a little wreath that is actually a candle ring...


a simple mercury glass vase with beaded branches adds sparkle behind the sofa...


the starfish and hurricane of shells gets swapped out for little beaded balls and a pretty aqua glass ornament...


one cushion gets flipped and our orange striped cushions are switched for solid green ones...


and as for outside, its a simple wreath with white ribbon for the door and the pot of birch branches gets some added pine boughs and glitter branches...



And that's it! Nothing too over-the-top but just enough glitz to say "Christmas".

Thanks for all the awesome comments about our tree! Hope you're enjoying adding some holiday cheer to your home too!

lisa

19 comments:

anita said...

Call the shelter mags!!
Your Christmas decorating should be featured in a magazine.
I love it all so much.
xo

christine, just bella said...

Seriously. All your decorations look so effortless and glam at the same time! Nice work, girlie!

jeanette from everton terrace said...

It's really all quite lovely. That wreath and the ribbon holding it are great and I LOVE the glass ball ornaments - delicious.

Lauren said...

how lovely! that golden wreath is great, I can see it being used throughout fall as well.

Lissa Pierce said...

Love all the little touches, and I love your gold wreath!

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Hello over there.... :o) !!

THANK YOU so much for stopping by our party to help celebrate our 100th posts with us....It was a PLEASURE to 'meet' you....!

I LOVE your holiday decorating style....So clean & fresh....My place will be LOUD & filled with traditional greens & reds....hahahahaha....EVERY year I say I'm gonna 'pare down' but with 15 x vintage suitcases FILLED to overflowing with vintage Christmas....It's not a likely occurance....hahahahaha....!

I TOTALLY agree with everyone else....Your tree is MAGICAL....!!

Take care & enjoy the rest of the week....!

Cheers from Australia,
Tamarah :o)

Amanda said...

I love your decorating Lisa!! Very nice:D When your done your home you can come and do mine:D *just teasing* *giggle*

Xo
Mandy

Michelle said...

WOW Lisa- absolutely STUNNING! I adore each and every detail in your home. I'm envious of all the natural light you get- love, love, love!

Kellie Collis said...

Your house is getting lovelier and lovelier as Christmas is getting closer. Gorgeous decors! Have a beautiful day, Kellie xx

A Flair for Vintage Decor said...

Beautiful job!! Take care, Caroline

Anonymous said...

Oh, such pretty pictures that inspire me. Please see my post today and join in. I couldn't list as many as I'd like, I'd be late for work. But it'd be great to see what you wrote. If you do, let me know. :) xox ~ Alexandra

Miss Val's Creations said...

I absolutely love your holiday decorating! The entry way is gorgeous!

Meeling said...

So pretty and elegant looking!

I love the mercury vase behind the sofa...gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

Its all so pretty and perfect! Could be in a magazine!

carolyn said...

gorgeous ideas!! that wreath is ridiculously pretty. :)

thanks for stopping by the blog, i am so loving yours too!

Tracy ~Seeking Refinement~ said...

Oh how I love the feel you have for Christmas - simple, elegant and beautiful. Great job! Merry, Merry!

Pearl said...

Gorgeous Holiday Decor!!
I love white!
And the front entrance is amazing beyond beautiful!!
I just might steel that idea from you!!

&hearsts;
Pearl

Jennifer said...

Really cute!

Pieced Pastimes said...

I used a white star on my mantel this year as well, so I had to visit your blog and take a peak. It all looks lovely. Simple and elegant! Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails