Tuesday, June 7, 2011

[ pain in the... ]



EVER DO SOMETHING really stupid and beat yourself up over it for a week? That's me this past week when I bent over to pick up a giant load of laundry but instead of bending at the knees, I just went for it and ended up with that twinge of pain as I was straightening up and knew that I had done a very silly thing. It's happened to me a couple of times over the years - lifting a big water jug onto a water cooler and moving a sofa with a little sideways hip action. Ever since I've tried to be careful. Until this time when my brain simply turned off for a moment.

So I've been trying to deal with my stupidity while in this temporary apartment with a bed and sofas I swear are made of concrete. And although I know it was my own fault for causing this, I'll just blame it on the furniture to make myself feel better. Back soon to my normal posting and visiting :)

lisa

8 comments:

Privet and Holly said...

Feel better, Lisa!
I had the same
affliction for many
years....had to be
oh so careful....even
went to PT several
times until I took
matters into my own
hands and "cured"
myself with pilates
and yoga. Haven't
had down time from
my back in years,
since. Sending you
hugs!
xx Suzanne

Formerly known as Frau said...

Omg I'm so sorry that sucks! I hope you feel better soon!

Meeling said...

That sucks...you poor thing. :-( I think we've all done that a time or two over the years.

Rest up and feel better soon.

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

Oh, feel better! There is nothing worse than back pain.

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

Get better soon LIsa. Not a fun situation!

Aimee@ the Functional Space said...

Hope everything mends quickly Lisa! I know how awful it is to be down with your back. Hopefully you will be able to rest up in your very own amazingly comfortable bed very soon!

Marianne said...

Yikes! Hope you're better very soon!

SHERRY HART said...

That very same thing happens to me on occasion, and then it gets into my hip and is so painful. I can not sit.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails