Tuesday, October 25, 2011

[ urban country mix ]

I'M A huge fan of mixing up styles in a room - it keeps things interesting, fresh and current. I love the mix in this room - the white slipcovered settee paired with the classic Louis chair and modern white leather Barcelona chair are an unexpected combination. Add in some great cushions and billowy drapes and I think it's a fun mix.


The reddish walls add some punch but you could choose any wall colour and it would look just as fantastic. The shiny ottomans probably wouldn't be my first choice - I would likely go for one larger ottoman or glass coffee table.

What do you think of this look? Do you have a mix in your home?

lisa
[house beautiful]

11 comments:

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

I love the big window and the luxurious drapes either side!

Formerly known as Frau said...

No but I love it....drapes are pretty and love the fun pillows.

Unknown said...

I was just staring at this photo for the better part of Sunday for all the same reasons!

Carol-Anne said...

Just did a post on 'mixing it up' as well and love how a room looks when there's a little of this and that style in the room.

I love how the dramatic pillow patterns kind of 'punch' things up a bit too!

Meeling said...

I'm not a fan of those ottomans either...they look a little 80's! Love the pillows on the sofa.

I do have a mix of old and new. We have quite a few mid century pieces (the older style ones - not the Star Trek looking pieces) and because they are very clean lined, they mix well with almost anything...and I love color! Accent walls are great!

Anne-Marie @ 10 Rooms said...

I'm all for the mix, but agree the shiny ottomans don't quite fit. Something other than white, some wood, perhaps. It is always nice to see people embracing what they love, rather than just going for a "look".

tracie c. said...

This is not me, but I can appreciate the style and how it all came together.
That's my kind of pop of yummy red!
Over the weekend I threw out a suggestion of painting the kitchen cupboards red. The answer was... no.
Dang.

Kellie Collis said...

Gorgeous! Love how they look wonderful together! Enjoy the beautiful day, Kellie xx

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

It's pretty, but definitely not my style. ;)

Jo @ In Corners of My Mind said...

I don't have an immmediate 'I Love It' reaction to this...not sure why, I like the mix of traditional and modern, but I think there are tow elements that just throw me off; 1) the shiny ottomans, and 2) the billowy drapes...I think for me a wood or glass coffee table and more tailored drape would make it all work. Happy Tuesday...the sun is finally shining here!

emily said...

What a fabulous room!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails