Monday, August 20, 2012

[ road trip day 2 ~ portsmouth

IF YOU'VE never been to Portsmouth, NH {like me}, you'll be blown away by how pretty this town is. Voted as one of the top 5 places to live in America, if looks have anything to do with it, I can see why!



Our drive from Montreal through Vermont to the east coast took a good part of a day and we decided to spend the following day in Portsmouth. As we wandered the streets, I fell in love with all of the gorgeous old clapboard homes...



The downtown is so charming with some really great shops and cafes...



...and some of the cutest signs...



Everything is so cute about this town... even the fire alarms...




How's that for a huge dose of pretty? If you're ever headed to the east coast near Boston, be sure to take a little trip north up to Portsmouth ~ now one of my favourite places ever!

Stay tuned for more highlights of our road trip to Booth Bay Harbor, Maine!

lisa

8 comments:

Meeling said...

Postcard perfect Lisa!! Just lovely!

Danika Herrick said...

I love Portsmouth! We live 40 minutes away in Mass. and my husband and I escape there for a date day/night often. Such a cute city!

Pinecone Camp said...

Thanks for the tour! It looks like an pretty movie set. Would love to see it in person sometime.

All things nice... said...

Thank you for sharing those lovely images, I have never been but it looks so nice- very quaint, pretty and not too busy- just the way I like it. Looking forward to seeing more photos of your trip.

All things nice...

Formerly known as Frau said...

Never been but it's going on the list! Looks so quaint !

Carolyn@Sweet Chaos Home said...

Beautiful photos! My sister lives north of Boston. Think I'll make her take me to Portsmouth next time I'm out there. There are so many great towns in that part of the country.

Travel With Lulu said...

You know that 'happy scratch' dogs do? I'm doing that right now. It is just absolutely charming - the photos said it all :)

Robynne's Nest said...

Love the first picture of that pretty harbour...the florist got my heart racing as did the clapboard houses....all gorgeous! Robx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails