Tuesday, October 16, 2012

[ grown-up elegance ]

I COULDN'T help but stop in my tracks when I saw this gorgeous Manhattan home. Designed for an empty-nest couple returning to the city after raising their kids in the suburbs, the designer paid close attention to how they live in their home to design the perfect space...


I love the cool grey palette and how luxurious it all feels, though I can't help but wonder at what point I'd be old enough or elegant enough to sit comfortably in that living room. It looks gorgeous but where's the soft arms on the sofas or cushy ottoman to rest my feet? Could you really live in that living room?

lisa
[elle decor]


6 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

It's gorgeous! Love the cool crisp color!

How2home said...

This home is beautiful. I think the title of your blog post says it all. Very grown up and elegant.

Meeling said...

It's gorgeous but almost looks like it's off a vintage movie set! Somehow at least at the moment with dogs & teens - No Way! ;-)

Lynne said...

That's a sit upright and sip while conversing living room arrangement.
I bet there is a cushy ottoman waiting in the wings to be popped in
when the guests are gone!

I am being silly. The place is beautiful.
~Lynne
w/L.

Pinecone Camp said...

I would spill something in that living room, for sure! I'm with you, though, on the colour palette. Love grey.

Privet and Holly said...

Lisa, I think that
so often when I
see these types
of room.....where
do you sink in with
a good book or watch
your favorite show?

I do like the palette
and the bedroom is
chic AND cozy!

xo Suzanne

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails