Thursday, November 8, 2012

[ mmm... coffee cake ]

LOOKING FOR an easy recipe for a little treat to enjoy with your latté or afternoon tea? This is it! Makes a small cake in an 8" square pan.


lisa's streusel coffee cake

what you need

topping:
1/2 cup brown sugar or Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 tsp cinnamon
handful of finely chopped pecans

cake:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
a good sprinkle of cinnamon
a pinch of nutmeg
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup granulated sugar or Splenda Granulated
1/3 cup melted butter or oil
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp plain or vanilla yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract

how to

Preheat oven to 375F.
In a small mixing bowl, combine topping ingredients. Blend with fork or pastry blender until crumbly. Set aside.


Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl.

In a medium bowl, beat together egg, sugar and melted butter. Add milk, vanilla and yogurt. Stir in flour mixture and mix well.

Pour some batter into a greased and floured 8" square pan. Sprinkle half of topping mixture evenly over batter. Pour on rest of the batter and smooth out. Bake for 15 minutes, then...


sprinkle on remaining topping mixture and bake for approximately 10 minutes more or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Yum!

lisa

7 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

Omg.....cut me a corner slice! This sounds so yummy....I'm making it for sure over the holidays! Have a wonderful day!

Meeling said...

I'll be right over - save me a piece! ;-)

Travel With Lulu said...

This looks amazing! Putting this in my recipe folder now. My hips thank you ;)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Mmmmm! That does sound good! And easy! Best wishes, Tammy

Pinecone said...

I have never made a coffee cake before...I have no idea why?! This one sounds perfect. It might be great in the morning too!
xo

Marianne said...

I'd like a piece right now! YUM!

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

I will thank you in advance for the delicious treat that I'll be having this afternoon. It looks so easy and so amazing. Thanks Lisa!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails