Wednesday, March 13, 2013

[ monkey business ]

TODAY I'm sharing my recipe for monkey muffins...


Perfect when you're craving some ooey gooey sticky yumminess. These are so easy that this is barely a recipe since it's just about throwing a few things together. Warning: these are not low-cal!


lisa's ridiculously gooey monkey muffins
This recipe makes as many as you have Pillsbury biscuits {I used a package of 5, so I got 5 "muffins"}

what you need:
Pillsbury Grands biscuits
small can sweetened condensed milk {I had 1/2 can leftover}
butter
cinnamon
brown sugar {I used Splenda brown sugar blend since that's all I had}

how to:
Preheat oven to 375F.
Put 1/2 tsp butter into bottom of each muffin tin and sprinkle some cinnamon and sugar on top.
Cut each biscuit into 3 segments and roll each into a little ball.


Combine some brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Drop each little dough ball into mixture and roll around to coat. Place 3 balls into each muffin tin. Top each "muffin" with 1/2 tsp butter. Sprinkle a bit of extra cinnamon on top.


Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and bubbly.


Remove from oven and pour a generous amount of condensed milk over the top of each muffin {since I used a small package of biscuits, I had about 1/2 a can leftover}.


Allow to sit for a bit to absorb the condensed milk {as you can see, I was VERY generous}.


Scoop out with a spoon and dig in! Yum yum! 

{store extras in the fridge and microwave for a few seconds before serving}.

lisa

1 comment:

Meeling said...

Yum! Perfect weekend breakfast!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails