Sunday, January 26, 2014

[ amy butler gumdrop ]

AFTER finally fixing up my sofa cushions, I was left with 2 huge bags of the old stuffing. Not wanting to simply waste it and toss it out, it occurred to me that I had purchased a pattern for Amy Butler's gumdrop pouf a couple of years ago but had never gotten around to making one.

I dug through my fabric stash and found some of her fabric that I was originally going to use for a tunic top ~ {oh well... never got around to that project either!} I decided it would be a fun fabric to use for a beachy pouf...


It's an easy pattern to sew ~ the hardest part was getting all the stuffing in so that it's firm enough to sit on or rest your feet. It took almost the 2 big bags because I really crammed it in there but I love how it turned out...


I came across some other cute examples ~ there are so many variations and I love how you can totally customize it to your decor/taste...


There are 2 different sizes included in the pattern ~ I made the large size which makes a good-sized ottoman that you can actually use for extra seating. I love the fresh pop of colour and pattern it adds to the room...


If you want to give it a try, you can find the pattern at numerous Etsy shops as I did. Happy sewing!

lisa


[example poufs: via littlewillow.com; onceuponatime; betsymakingpretty; lady-blog.net; ajoyfulsoulfabrics; pinterest; cabbage corner; blog.fabric.com]

5 comments:

Travel With Lulu said...

I have mad love for that fabric. I had a big panel of it hanging in the hallway in our US home but never found a place for it since. Maybe I'll need to make a matching pouf out of it. Yours looks great! Amy was in London for Holly Becker's book signing - would love to meet her! xo

Price Style & Design said...

Wow this is so cute! I've got a bag of stuffing too! Great idea!

Meeling said...

Super cute!! Very beachy looking pattern/colors too. Looks great!

Johanna [Taloja ja Toiveita] said...

This looks great! I have never thought that making a pouff from scratch would really spice up the decor. I'm always just though re-upholstering.

Formerly known as Frau said...

I love it....perfect size and pattern! Katelyn wants me to make one for her apartment next year...thank goodness I have time to figure out i'm not the best at sewing! Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails