Monday, January 13, 2014

[ antique breadboards ]

WHILE rearranging my display cabinet after all the holiday bits and bobs were put away, I realized that I hadn't shown you my little antique breadboard...


I've been on the lookout for antique breadboards and I've found that they aren't always that easy to come by. I picked up this one while roaming around the big Paris flea market...


Of course my guy just rolled his eyes in disbelief that I was going to lug around an old chunk of wood with me all day and bring it home in my suitcase. But that's me and I do those kinds of crazy things!

I just love the warmth and character they give to a space, especially a white kitchen...




For now I have it displayed with a couple of my little jugs but I'm looking forward to giving it a spot of honour in my next white kitchen.

Do you love them as much as I do?

lisa


[via lh4.ggpht.com; bucketsofburlap; g-style-g-style; awelltraveledwoman; detuinkamer; bucketsofburlap; fler.cz; dustyluinteriors; cotedetexas; fadedcharm; countryliving]

4 comments:

Travel With Lulu said...

Loving the scrummy photos you chose - had to dog-ear a few of them. Yes to breadboards and old wooden things. Where was the Paris market? Hoping to make a trip soon xoL

Leanne said...

I hope your white kitchen will be in Muskoka ;)

Privet and Holly said...

Yes! Beauty and function
always get an A in my book!
Love that you lugged yours
home from Paris!

xo Suzanne

Formerly known as Frau said...

Love it....looks so nice and yes perfect for your next white kitchen!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails