Monday, March 17, 2014

[ my weekend ]

WHILE much of North America is still digging out from under snow, we've had a dirty sandstorm weekend ~ beige skies, sand blowing, a bit of drizzle just to make the sand run slightly down the windows and then dry that way ~ yuck. This is my 3rd birthday in a row with a sandstorm. Gotta love waking up and checking the forecast on my iPhone and seeing this...


So needless to say, we didn't partake in the breakfast on a patio idea that I had originally planned. 

Instead, we chose a bit of Texas BBQ...


And we went to see this...


I hadn't heard of it ~ apparently it was at Cannes. Hmm... what can I say except it wasn't really my taste. I mean, how bad could it be with Ryan Gosling in it?? I guess I just didn't appreciate the artistry of it. 

But the best part was being surprised with these...


I can never have too many pairs of TOMS, especially here in Dubai. And this taupe colour is perfect to hide any dirt, even in a sandstorm!

Thanks for all your sweet birthday wishes! How was your weekend?

lisa

4 comments:

Loddelina said...

Sorry to hear about your sandstormy birthday, I wish I could send you some clean, sunny air that we have been enjoying lately... Those slippers look lovely!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Those Toms are CUTE!!!I am glad you had a good day despite the dust!

Formerly known as Frau said...

I can't even imagine what a sand storm is like! Sorry your outdoor plans had to be changed. Love your new Toms...perfect! Have a great day!

Formerly known as Frau said...

I can't even imagine what a sand storm is like! Sorry your outdoor plans had to be changed. Love your new Toms...perfect! Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails