Tuesday, March 23, 2010

[ the lovely blogger list ]


A GENIUS IDEA to bring bloggers and creatives together, Rachel at Lovely Clusters has started The Lovely Blogger List so we can connect and get to know each other a little better. And so a little bit about me...

[ introduction ]
My name is Lisa Roy and I'm a graphic designer and handbag creator. I recently gave up my magazine art director career to focus on my love of designing handbags full time. I love that it has allowed me to free myself from deadlines and take time to appreciate my surroundings. My husband and I have a home on the beautiful Muskoka River where we spend part of our time and the rest of our time in Dublin, Ireland. It's a wonderful mix of nature and European culture. I enjoy photography, interior design and reading a good book on the dock.

[ my work ]
I create handbags and iPhone cases that are fun and functional. My vintage series bags are made from upcycled men's suit jackets and vintage fabrics from the 60's and 70's. Each bag is created as a one-of-a-kind which makes each one a joy to create and a bag I'd love to keep when it's complete. I've always had a thing for bags so creating my own is very satisfying (although it doesn't stop me from shopping for more!) I recently started my blog as a place where I could share the lovely things I come across in my travels and in the blogosphere.


[ my inspiration ]
Inspiration for me can really come from anywhere -  a photograph, travelling, something I might see in a shop, on a walk, in a movie, or just a new piece of fabric. There's a lot of beauty out there if you just allow yourself to see it.

lisa

etsy shop    website    blog

2 comments:

Loddelina said...

You have a lovely blog and those gorgeous bags of yours have already caught my eye on Etsy!

ShaniKulani said...

you make great bags..love that red one in this post too :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails