Saturday, August 14, 2010

[ fabric project reveal ]

SO ARE YOU ready to see what I made with that gorgeous orange and turquoise Amy Butler fabric?


I decided some new cushion covers would be a pretty way to show off this lovely fabric. I found some cute buttons and for backing fabric, I decided to use 2 linen napkins I had purchased a while back from Pottery Barn. The napkins had pretty orange velvet trim so I decided to make use of that as a detail.


Instead of a zipper closure, I decided that buttons with buttonholes would not only be functional, but pretty too. I cut the napkins in half and created 3 buttonholes along one edge for each pillow. Then I overlapped the 2 napkin pieces and placed the Amy Butler fabric piece face-down on top of it. Sew around all four sides and turn inside out. Handsew on the buttons and tada!


I'm thrilled with how they turned out and love that they can be flipped around anytime I want to change from patterned to solid.

Stay tuned for my living room tour to see how they look in the space!

lisa

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, orange and turq look great together!

VeganCraftastic said...

Cute!

bluehydrangea said...

Fabulous! Can't wait for the living room tour!!

Unknown said...

They are so stunning! I love these, you are so creative and talented, Lisa! XX!

Privet and Holly said...

Hi, Lisa!
This is so
Lisa Roy lovely
and I'm just
smitten with it....
I think you need
to branch out from
handbags, to pillows!
I think the orange
is especially appealing
to us "Northerners,"
don't you think?!
Happy weekend, sweet
friend!
xx Suzanne

Michelle said...

I'm super-pumped about this living room tour. Woah. :)

Kellie Collis said...

Stunning work! These are gorgeous! xx

Unknown said...

Love these! Great job, you are so talented, and have the best taste!

Julia Bolchakova said...

Wow, great work! And good call on buttons, they are lovely.

Katy @ Pie Bird Blog said...

Oh my! So bright and fun - great job :) They look so awesome in your living room post.

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

I love Amy Butler fabrics! Beautiful job!

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

Orange is one of my favorite colors. And who's not loving turquoise these days?! Can't go wrong when you go with amy Buttler fabrics. they both look terrific!!

Holly @ Roller Coaster Life said...

I love amy butler!! these are excellent!! I love button closure pillows! I would buy these!!

Kara said...

Love orange and blue!!! So awesome!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails