Wednesday, April 18, 2012

[ colourful vignettes ]

STYLING a side table to create a pretty, interesting arrangement can sometimes be a tricky thing.



I love everything about this vignette, especially the mix of colours that have been used. All from the cool side of the colour wheel, they work together beautifully. While at first you wouldn't necessarily think that the chartreuse boxes would pair well with the kelly green of the teacup, mixing in some turquoise in the art and a pretty mauve teacup creates a gorgeous combination of colour.

How do you style a table? Do you go by colour, shape, theme...?

lisa
[girlathome.tumblr.com]

5 comments:

jeanette from everton terrace said...

I really like those boxes. I just listed a vintage dress in my shop yesterday that had that chartreuse and lime green and neon yellow and somehow, it goes. Pink in it would have been nice too.

Meeling said...

I love those boxes too!

I usually just see something and know it will work. Sometimes it isn't about color or being "matching". I like objects that have meaning and stand out. Kind of like a unique necklace that finishes off an outfit, even if maybe it doesn't match exactly. ;-)

Formerly known as Frau said...

Nice boxes.....love the mix of colors!

annechovie said...

I love it, too, Lisa. You have great taste! xo

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Love the colors in this arrangement and the boxes! So nice together.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails