Wednesday, January 9, 2013

[ something new ]

THERE'S nothing like starting the new year off fresh. Putting away Christmas decorations and moving some stuff around, maybe buying a new thing or two.

Hmm... what's in there?


It's a new table! With a pretty, scrolled base...


and a lovely rustic top...


I think it pairs well with the tufted end chairs we have...


and will work well later with our Louis chairs we have in storage...


But for now, I may just pull up our white IKEA bench along one side for extra seating. I can always pick up a couple of chairs for the other side if need be...


So what started as my first real outing in weeks, turned into a bit of shopping. I hadn't planned on buying a larger table while we're here but when we saw it, we both fell in love with it. And since we sold our farmhouse table before moving here {the skirt piece under it was too low and our legs would rub against it with our Louis chairs}, we'll need one again anyway. And this one disassembles easily which is a bonus. Now all I need to do is to style up this area a bit.

{and yes, that is a bit of a sneak peek at our new cabinet as well. I like the punch of black in the space to ground all the soft, beachy colours}.

So what about you? Have you moved stuff around or picked up anything new?

lisa

11 comments:

Carol-Anne said...

What a gorgeous table! And I really like your tufted chairs too! Did you say that table is from Ikea? It's soooo nice!

lisaroy said...

No, the table is from Bloomingdales ~ the white slipcovered bench behind it is from IKEA. :)

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Woooooow!!!! I LOVE it! Gorgeous!!

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Very, very pretty! Your choices look really nice together.

Formerly known as Frau said...

Gorgeous table....love the legs! I haven't I want too but I really need a painting fairy to come in and repaint first! Have a great day!

Meeling said...

Very cool Lisa!

I love an unexpected punch of a "different" color in a space - makes it really sing!

I've just finished re-doing our master. A lot stayed the same, but I painted all the walls a wonderful "Silent Night" from BM and got some new art work and just switched it up a little. I'm almost done and loving it!

Michelle @ AM Dolce Vita said...

This is such a gorgeous table and I love the white wash look. Those square back French chairs from Restoration Hardware will go so well with it. The only new things I've been adding since the new year are pillows. Speaking of pillows, I am hosting a giveaway for a free pair of designer pillows (value up to $140) so don't forget to check it out. :)

emily said...

That's a beautiful table! And I love the tufted chairs and the french-back ones! Beautiful all around!

Tracey Ayton Photography said...

Oh my goodness .... that is the most beautiful table ever!!! My husband and I got a table made this summer to emulate the Provence table from Restoration Hardware for our back yard. Similar to a farm table. Cool thing about it, is that we bring it in ... in the winter and use it for our regular dining table. It's very similar in color as yours. Love love love the Louis chairs and the ends.

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

Wow Lisa. I don't know what I love more. The chairs or the table. It's absolutely stunning!!! Will you bring everything back to Canada when you come back home?

Fabrik ETC said...

Great article. You wrote very informative and helpful tips. I also read you other post and also M coming back soon for more informative and attractive post's.
Blinds

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails