Saturday, September 21, 2013

[ montreal in dubai ]

ANYONE who's been to Montreal knows that topping the list of must-eats is a smoked meat sandwich and some poutine. So imagine our surprise when we heard that there's a new little place open in Dubai specializing in just that...


So of course we had to check it out!

A traditional smoked meat on rye, pickle on the side and an order of poutine {fresh cut fries, cheese curds and gravy}...


And the verdict? Pretty darn good! And since I wouldn't typically have both in one sitting, half of my sandwich to bring home for lunch!


It's always so nice to find a little taste of Canada. We'll definitely be back!

lisa

6 comments:

Leanne said...

that'll be helpful! ;) ...enjoy your poutine! xo

Meeling said...

Yum! I love poutine!! We have one place about an hour from us, that does a pretty decent version, though never as good as you will find in Montreal - but when you live that far away, beggars can't be choosers!

Lucky you!

Travel With Lulu said...

I've got to try those curds - I hear about them all the time from my northern friends. Ha, I need to go to Dubai to give them a try :)

Formerly known as Frau said...

Wow what a find ......so nice to have a little reminders of home! Happy weekend!

Privet and Holly said...

Oh that looks delicious,
Lisa! How fun that this
place is now open for you
to enjoy something that
you love from "back home!"

Thank you for your recent
comment on my blog. Your
sweet words were truly a
blessing to me.

xo Suzanne

flowers on my table said...

A little bit of home for you Lisa, how lovely! Have a great weekend, love Linda x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails