Monday, October 7, 2013

[ the denim shirt ]





WHETHER you call it a denim shirt, a jean shirt or a chambray shirt, it's pretty much everywhere right now. I remember having one back in the early 90s {along with my overalls} and haven't thought much about them since. But I've been seeing more and more of them in mags and in the shops and they are proving to be a very versatile item...

as a simple shirt with skinnies or pants...



paired with a pretty skirt or dress...




or layered under sweaters and jackets...




and don't be afraid to bling it out...


So whether you are cleaning out the barn or going out for a chic dinner with friends, the denim shirt will take you there! 

I decided to add one to my wardrobe and found this light washed one from Tommy Hilfiger...


I think the light version is the most versatile for me here in Dubai ~ nothing too heavy for our hot climate. So are you adding a denim shirt to your wardrobe this season?

lisa


[via allforfashiondesign.com; fashforfashion; pinterest; leblogdemok.blogspot; breakfastatfaymes.tumblr; prepfection.tumblr; fashion-district.org; theberry.com; atlantic-pacific.blogspot; typemystyle.com; meggielynn.tumblr; fashion.teenvogue.com; unitedcolorsofbenetton;  fashiondivadesign.com; closetcravings.com; allforfashion.com; fashiondivadesign.com; stylemeetsy.blogspot; jaimen.tumblr; pinterest; pinterest; heartfeltconfessions.com; swankanddapper.com]

5 comments:

Leanne said...

I just picked one up a couple of weeks ago...mine is done in a faded floral print. Emma said "get it mom"...so I did. :) xo

Pinecone Camp said...

hello Lisa! Hope all's well. I adore the denim shirt, and some of these combos are fantastic. You've inspired me to mix it up!

Lisa Mackay said...

Wow, Lisa, great roundup - I think I'll be wearing mine tomorrow!!

Meeling said...

Some wonderful shots! I don't have one yet, but I love the way that you can dress them up or down. My daughter wears her's a lot and the beauty of it is that it never looks like the same outfit twice!

Laney Reusch / Reusch Interior Design said...

Oooo I need that leopard skirt!

I have a lightweight denim shirt I LOVE. It has gold studs for buttons and of all places it is from forever 21!

Wear it allll the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails