Tuesday, November 19, 2013

[ handmade cards ]

I LOVE the idea of handmade cards {though I've usually sent out store-bought mostly due to timing and laziness}. But I love that handmade cards allow you to personalize them however you want and make as many as you need at a fraction of the price.

Last year I decided to make some simply ones using my Silhouette {see them here}. This year, I took a different approach and simply used my computer…


I won't pretend that I designed these cute graphics myself ~ I could have but decided to speed up the process a bit and found the LOVE graphic on Pinterest as a downloadable tag freebie {do a search on Pinterest for all sorts of freebies}. Instead of using it as a tag, I thought it would be cute modified into a card so I simply printed off a bunch on a page and trimmed them out…


I went through my stash of craft supplies and found some black card stock that I thought would work and decided that I would write inside with my silver paint pen. But first… I thought they could use a bit of added cuteness so I got out my sewing machine…


…and stitched across the top of each card with red thread. I think it gave them just the right finishing touch.  The office supply envelopes I bought had a faint logo printed on the inside so I designed a little Hello label to hide it... 


I think this year's cards are even cuter than last year's.
Do you make your own cards?

lisa
[freebie via onevelvetmorning.wordpress.com]

3 comments:

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Love how your cards turned out! I make party invites each year - this is the week for me to make them. I only have a color scheme in mind so far. I like the little touch of hello inside your envelopes!

Leanne said...

very sweet Lisa...i used to be crafty like this! xo

Meeling said...

Very cute! I wish I had the time these days to be crafty, but alas most of my free time these days goes to studying. We usually send out a photo Christmas card as a lot of family & friends live far away and enjoy seeing the pictures. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails