Thursday, March 25, 2010

[ tlc transformation ]

ONE OF my favourite decorating blogs is The Lettered Cottage. Layla Palmer and her husband Kevin are slowing fixing up their old home and with a bit of new paint, artful display, and flea market finds, it is shaping up to be a such a beautiful space.

lisa


Who wouldn't want to curl up with a good book in this little reading room? The wide horizontal stripes help the room to appear wider than it is. I love the old baskets and the grouping of vintage art and mirrors.


This kitchen used to have ebony painted cupboards but by painting the uppers and lowers in two different soft shades, it has been transformed into a pretty light-filled room. Love the old wooden boxes hung on the wall.


The mix of patterns on this bed make it so inviting and I love the seaside touches with the antique oar above the window and the little sailboat on the nightstand.

Another blog I love is Lola B's. Kasey has a beautiful way of combining styles to make a gorgeous interior. This room from her home has such a mix of styles - the white slipcover, the ornate settee, the rustic bench as a coffee table and the industrial feel of the side table. But the gorgeous soft colour scheme marries everything together.

7 comments:

dedeetsyshop said...

Love TLC's new kitchen too! But, that first pic is from Lola B's blog! :)

lisaroy said...

oh my gosh! you're right - thanks for pointing that out - it was misfiled in my inspirational folders!

DK said...

What a beautiful, bright place!

holly said...

I'm not usually into such neutral colors, but these all look so soft and cozy - love them!

Anna said...

I'm in the middle of trying to figure out colors for painting our house and this is *definitely* the direction I want to go in! Thanks for the post!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful beautiful pictures!

I love those boxes onthe kitchen wall - that's my fave - oh nad the reading room. I have a small area behind a screen in my bedroom which I want to turn into a reading area! Something like this would be perfect!!!

Pretty Fun said...

These are beautiful finds! I am trying to get ideas for a beach themed decor but I don't want to go overboard and make it look like a campy sea food restaurant.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails