Wednesday, July 18, 2012

[ framed ]

I'M ALWAYS on the lookout for interesting ways to accessorize a space and I love this idea for art...


Framing a lovely scarf is such a great way to add a splash of colour and pattern. I remember once seeing a space filled with cushions made from vintage Pucci scarves she had inherited from her grandmother. Now that's one fashionable grandma! I'd love to inherit some fabulous scarves... but I'll have to settle for scouring vintage shops or eBay. 

Have you used scarves for anything around your home?

lisa
[via girlathome.tumblr.com]

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the idea!

Meeling said...

Very pretty! My hubby & I visited this really neat artists coop gallery over the weekend. There was a lady that painted the most amazing flowers on silk scarves and then they were framed. I wanted to take a pic, but of course no cameras allowed. :-(

Julie @ Belle Maison said...

such a great idea! i've always wanted to have vintage scarves made into pillows!

emily said...

Such a great idea, and it reminds me that I have a scarf to frame!

Formerly known as Frau said...

I haven't but it's a great idea...love the splash of color!

Leanne said...

I have some vintage hankies SOMEWHERE in this house...Emma is staying home for a year before university. I am hoping she will help me organize my "stuff". Perhaps it will lead to getting some fun projects done too.
We have had such wonderful and HOT weather. My grass is completely brown and crunchy now though. Just need a few nights of rain as we have a total fire ban. Bummer since we just finished a new patio with a firebowl..loving the extra exterior space. When are you heading home?

Emily said...

Ooh! Great idea! That looks really nice. I've used scarves as tablecloths for small side tables in my living room. If they are the right size and a pretty pattern they look great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails