Thursday, February 7, 2013

[ compact cuteness ]

NOW THAT I've been living in 2 bedroom apartments as an expat, I've developed a total appreciation for small space living ~ that is, how to do it and not feel cramped.

This 550 square foot Manhattan apartment feels so big and airy - more so than our space does at double the size!



I think this is a great example of how pale colours can really help to expand the space and bounce the light around. With little contrast between walls and furniture, big pieces just blend into the walls and help to make the space feel surprisingly large. I also love the pale pink, although, there's probably a bit too much of it for my guy to live with. Maybe a pale grey or pale aqua with the white...?

Do you live in a small space? Do you have any tricks to make it feel larger?

lisa
[style at home]

3 comments:

Meeling said...

I love the airy feel of the apartment! Pink would definitely be too much for me even but an aqua would be equally as lovely and not quite so girly.

Travel With Lulu said...

I love the light pink and silver together - this would be the perfect bachelorette apartment. So lovely & feminine

Fabrik ETC said...

What a wonderful piece of information Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer! I will bookmark your blog and have my children check up here often. Thumbs up!
Curtain

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails