Monday, February 20, 2012

[ basket case ]

I'VE ALWAYS loved the look of using gigantic baskets for storage. Whether it's for firewood, towels, magazines or as a planter, it's a great way to add some warmth and texture to any space.

They're especially good for holding awkward items that need to be corralled in some way. I could have used one in our Muskoka place to hold the lifejackets in the screened-in porch between uses. 

I decided to hunt for one to hold our outdoor chair cushions to keep them sand-free when not in use. I measured how big it would have to be to hold them comfortably without struggling to get them in and out. Oddly enough, the 22"x12" minimum inside measurement was EXACTLY the inside measurement of one I found at Pottery Barn {wierd or what?}. So I guess it was meant to be!

They fit great and it's so much better than having them piled on the floor. Do you have any gigantic baskets in your home?

lisa

[via everythingleb.blogspot.com; houseandhome; thezhush; houseandhome; 
decor8blog; lifeofpolarnper.blogspot.com; houzz; gracieswainson.tumblr.com]

8 comments:

Lynne said...

PB baskets are beautiful this season!
I've been drooling over my catalog. You found a lovely one, Lisa.
~Lynne
[w/L]

design elements said...

lovely baskets!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Love it, it's perfect! Not in this house but in our home in Utah I had a huge one for our pool towels. I love the concept. Have a wonderful day!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I plan on doing a post on big baskets soon too! If I ever get around to photographing mine. I bought them back in December and never think about getting out the camera until it's too dark out. :(
Your new basket is gorgeous and I love all your wonderful inspiration photos!

jeanette from everton terrace said...

Really like that basket!
I think a good basket looks great with any type of decor. I use them on my open shelves in my bathroom to hold all measure of things.

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

We have baskets all over the house. I love the way they look but I especially love being able to corral all the messy things in our life.

Jo @ In Corners of My Mind said...

No large ones...yet. I am currently trying to convert my anti-basket husband to the glory of the basket...it is a work in progress. Happy Monday!

flowers on my table said...

Love your basket Lisa, it has character! I am very keen on baskets myself. I have various but no gigantic ones, need a bigger house! Love Linda x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails