Monday, February 6, 2012

[ my weekend ]



IT WAS a beautiful weekend here and I decided to venture out to the Dubai Flea Market on Saturday. Remember my attempt last August which ended up in a huge disappointment? {read about it here}. Well, considering that one was held indoors and it was very crowded, I thought the outdoor one held in Safa Park would be a better option. I even managed to convince my guy to join me!


It was already pretty crowded when we arrived at 8:30am {it started at 8} and I'm sure most of the really good household stuff was already gone.


The crowd grew quickly and soon people were pushing and shoving to get through and near the tables. {stop pushing, people!}


Anyone looking for cheap DVDs, books, and especially used clothing and shoes, it was definitely the place to be! Actually, I was surprised at the mobs of people rummaging through all of the used clothing ~ I just didn't even want to attempt it.

What did I find?

Well, it wasn't exactly a huge score...


a couple of pine frames, perfect for a makeover...


and a book, all for a grand total of $4.

Exciting, huh? Not exactly a huge haul. I really miss proper yard sales and antique markets back home!

How was your weekend?

lisa

8 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

You never know what you'll find certainly worth the trip on what looked like a gorgeous day! My hubby is home and sick as a dog....nice to have home but......not the weekend I had planned! Happy Monday!

Jo @ In Corners of My Mind said...

Great that you tried again...sorry it didn't pan out, but you never know do you? Can't wait to see what you do with the frames and hope you enjoy the book.
Happy Monday!

Leanne said...

ohhhh...all those elbows would have driven me crazy...crowds=headache for me. good for you for sticking it out. i read that book :)
have a good week Lisa xo

Unknown said...

I'm not a crowd girl either :0) The weather there is certainly enviable-minus 3 here and more snow coming.

jeanette from everton terrace said...

Agreed, I don't like crowds like that either but I do love to dig through piles searching for treasure.
This was the first weekend I didn't go junking in quite some time!

Carolyn@Sweet Chaos Home said...

I don't do well with crowds, so I probably would have left empty-handed. Glad you picked up a few things for your effort! And, it looks like it was a gorgeous day.

flowers on my table said...

Hi Lisa, they mustn't really be into antique stuff in Dubai then? I am afraid all that pushing would put me right off! You did well to persevere though.Have a good week, love Linda x

Karen said...

So what are the hot items to buy at the flea markets there?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails