Monday, May 31, 2010

[ christie antiques ]



THE HIGHLIGHT of my weekend was a road trip to Dundas, Ontario for the Christie Antiques Show held every May and September. With over 300 vendors and almost 10 acres of antiques, it's a show not to be missed (which is why I tackled the 3 hour drive, leaving at 5am!). I wondered if I would see Sarah Richardson from Sarah's House and her sidekick Tommy filming for her show like I did last year but no luck. But there was no shortage of fantastic stuff to see!


I was looking for a couple of specific things this time: a dressform so I can photograph my bags to show scale, a small side table for my porch, a frame for my booth sign and anything else that catches my eye!

I SCORED!
dressform: $60(incredible!!!); white side table: $50; oval frame for booth sign: $15. 
I also found 4 shoe stretchers: $13 (will group nicely on the wall with my shoe mold from Paris), canvas yarn basket: $30 (which I have no idea what I'll do with yet - it just needs a good scrubbing).
All in all, definitely worth the drive no matter how difficult it is to get up and out by 5am!

lisa


16 comments:

SocksAndMittens said...

You are so lucky, great finds! I went treasure hunting yesterday and did not found a thing! :(

Formerly known as Frau said...

Great finds and prices! 5am is tough but for shopping I some how could manage. Have a wonderful week.

cabin + cub said...

Oh looks like a fantastic event.. there is nothing that compares over here on the west coast.
ps. i love Sarah Richardson an her show!!!

Unknown said...

Great finds! Post photos of the shoe molds after you have placed them...so curious about these.

Punctuation Mark said...

you got some really good deals over there... hope you are having a nice one!

Unknown said...

Fabulous finds! I am so jealous of these antique markets, all we have here is Goodwill, which is okay for DIY but nothing like an antique market! I love the shoe molds especially! XO!

laceramiste said...

so wish i had the cash to go shopping like this at antique markets these days. i'd go crazy. love your finds! <3

Katy @ Pie Bird Blog said...

OMG - so jealous! What a wonderfully fun event - great finds :)

Angela said...

Those pink shutters almost made me pee my pants!

Such great stuff!

Unknown said...

How fabulous, LOVE your finds :)
That place looks like heaven on earth! xx

Anne Lorys said...

What amazing finds! I especially love that awesome dress form, well done!

I just discovered your lovely blog, so nice to meet you!

All the best,
Anne

Sarah Knight said...

Wow, that looks like a neat time!
Hope you have fun w/ your purchases!

Sherry said...

Excellent finds, Lisa. I was just given a dress form like that by one of my neighbors. I can't wait to use it!

xo

Hi, I'm Madeline said...

These vintage finds are great! I wish I could find a dress form in such an adventurous way. :)

Diana said...

That looks amazing! I would definitely wake up at 5 a.m. to go to a place like that. Lucky duck!

Artist/Painter said...

Wow, I am in Toronto and didn't even know that existed! *laughing* I found the website and have marked it for Sept! Wow, great finds, and thanks for posting that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails