Monday, March 14, 2011

[ dubai... getting there ]

HELLO EVERYONE! I'm back from my trip and I had a great time! Thanks for checking in on me while I was away - I enjoyed reading your comments to my posts - it's always nice to stay in touch while away.

The start to the trip was nothing less than fabulous! Emirates Airlines contacted us prior to our flight to ask if we would be willing to change flights and airports so they could accommodate a group on our originally scheduled flight. By doing so, they would pick us up, limo us to the airport, and bump us up to first class! hmmm.... should we? heck, yeah! And so, this is how we travelled....



Now that's what I call travelling in style! What a great start to the trip! Our hotel stay was nothing less than spectacular and if you ever visit Dubai, you must stay at The Address Downtown Dubai.


with a peek-a-boo to the bathroom. I opted to close the automatic blinds...


I couldn't wait to sink into bed after the long flight and feel refreshed for tomorrow, ready to see what Dubai had to offer. So far so good!
More to come...

lisa

14 comments:

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

NICE! A lot better than being herded on to the plane like cattle. Which is what coach flights feel like!

jeanette from everton terrace said...

OMG! That is awesome, what a fabulous start to your adventure. I would have been happy with just that Mars bar!
I have that same shower tile in my powder room :)

High Street Cottage said...

I have always wondered about first class plane trips, and had no idea it was this fab. How can one ever go back to coach?;) Thank you for the tour, can't wait to see photos of your trip, xoxo tami

Razmataz said...

Good grief, it looks mazing. I got bumped to business once, but have never had the priviledge of first class.

Can't wait to hear about Dubai!

birdie blue said...

looks like the best flight ever...

love reading about fun things like this.

xo
~molly

Launa said...

Wow, it looks amazing so far! (So very Sex and The City 2-esque!) I hope you have a great time! I'm excited to see what is to come. :)

Formerly known as Frau said...

Woot Woot lucky girl....the only way to travel !! When we would travel from Germany to US my hubby company flew us 1st class. Now that we are here it's back to coach....not nearly as fun or comfortable! Welcome home!

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

Oh wow... very SATC!!! I'm so jealous!

Meeling said...

How fun!! You lucky ducks...how nice though to travel like that on a long flight. Looks fab so far...can't wait to see more!!

Marianne said...

What a treat from the airline! I wouldn't pass that up either! Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip.

Pinecone Camp said...

I'm trying really hard not to hate you ;) Looks amazing!! That food looks deeeelicious.

Danika Herrick said...

Wow! You are one lucky lady. I am actually relaxed and full after just seeing all that. Hope you have an awesome time!

Travel With Lulu said...

Love it. My biggest problem would have been 'playing it cool' - I would have been whooping and skipping through the aisles. Can't wait to see more pix

Unknown said...

Very, very nice! Wow. I would definitely would have agreed to change flights as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails