Thursday, March 17, 2011

[ st. paddy's day update! ]

SO WE headed to the parade today and I have to say the Irish take their revelling very seriously! It's all about dressing the part...


It was incredibly busy and difficult to navigate the crowds so we opted for a few side streets...


Being so crowded, and me being relatively short, I knew I'd have a hard time seeing any of the parade go by. But others had thought of that...




I did manage to catch one float that was tall enough for me to see over the heads...


Even though we didn't see much of the parade, it was still fun to be a little bit Irish today. I didn't buy a big green hat but we did share the fun boingy hat headband! Hope you're enjoying yours!

lisa

10 comments:

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

That looks like SO MUCH FUN! Love it! I have lots of Irish in me - my husband is the one out though - March Madness. I'll have to settle for one of my favorite things - The Shamrock Shake! I enjoyed one this weekend and feel McDonald's calling my name today! I love your photo's! Thanks for sharing the fun in Ireland!

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

that looks like a blast. Do we even have a single St Patrick's Day parade in Canada? I'll think of you when I have a green beer later today:)

Red Door Home said...

People really seem to enjoy St.Patricks's Day - Irish or not. It is fun to see so many people having a good time.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Looks fun! Happy St. Paddies day!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Looks like such a blast! I love the BYOL pretty smart! Boing hat is so much better than big green velvety one. Someday I would love to be in Ireland on the big day looks fun!

Meeling said...

Looks like fun!!!
Crowded for sure, but my gosh...if you're there you have to go!!

Glad you had a good time!

Unknown said...

One day I want to be in Dublin for St. Paddy's day! Lucky :)

xx Cristina

Sarah said...

I have LOTS of Irish in me...wish I had planned to have a Guinness tonight but I'll have one on my birthday instead on Saturday!! have fun!! :))

All things nice... said...

Looks like it was fun, I was never in the city for Saint Patrick's Day as it is over 2 hours drive away.

All things nice...

Glamour Drops said...

Looks like lots of fun and mischief! Nice to see something so happy and carefree at the moment, with all the tumultuous events in the world.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails