Tuesday, September 20, 2011

[ call me ]

REMEMBER this little diamond-in-the-rough I picked up on our cruise day in Nice at the antique market? {see post here}


I know, the poor thing was looking a little unloved. But I knew that I could get her looking as cute as a button.

A bit of a scrub and....


How cute is she?!

I've given her a special spot in the living room and I think she makes a fun accent in the room.


She was a bit heavy to carry around that day and I got a few strange looks when my bag went through the xray when re-embarking the ship.

But for 20 euros, she was a bargain!



Now just to remember not to accidentally pick up her handset whenever my phone rings!

lisa

15 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

Wow she is a beauty and at 20 euros....
Awesome find!!
Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

Very cute and definitely a fun accent piece! xo

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

Oh, I love it! It reminds me of being at my Grandma's, only her's was avocado green! I'd love to have that phone!

flowers on my table said...

You did a great job, cleaning up the telephone. Looks wonderful in your room. I love the cute little Andirondack chairs too. Love Linda x

Lynne said...

She's a doll. My Red phone has a crush on her! Have a great day, Lisa!
~Lynne
[w/L]

HAMPTON HOSTESS said...

love the phone a true classic and it looks fantastic on the table!

Jo @ In Corners of My Mind said...

Love it! and loving it on that table with those sweet little muskoka chairs. A little touch of home ;)

Abby M. Interiors said...

She is PERFECTION! I would love to have her in my home. What a score!
abby

Meeling said...

Love it...what a wonderful accent for your room and a great memory of the day you picked it up. :-)

tracie c. said...

Who would have thought those old style phones would some day be such a sweet find! :)
xox Tracie

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

It's GORGEOUS!! I've been coveting a phone like this for ages....I'm still toying with the idea....and you are a little temptress, young lady!!

Sarahx

Karen said...

I love that you used an accessory that is so unexpected. It cleaned up nice!

Designing Domesticity said...

What a great vintage find! I do love to thrift! Take care, liz

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

Love it!!!

Meagan said...

I more than love it. Am so envious!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails