Thursday, September 8, 2011

[ get in line ]

NOW THAT my lovely sofa has arrived, as well as my other shipments, I need to get my butt in gear and dress up this place! And first up, some art for these bare walls.

I really like the idea of structured art groupings and these inspirational pics have me thinking that this would look lovely on the big wall over the sofa.






I remembered that I had 9 frames I had picked up in Ireland about 4 years ago on clearance and while I had the best intentions to put them up, I just didn't bother in our furnished apartment.

At first I wasn't sure about the soft gold tone, but I think it will add a nice bit of sparkle to the space.


Since Dubai is so hot, I've decided to choose some summer shots, many of which I've taken over the years. And rather than print them as black & white which was my original plan with these frames, I'll play around with them in Photoshop and frame coloured pics instead. I'm making this into a cheap and cheerful project.

This could take a while, as I'm sure I'm going to second guess my pic choices but I'll try to get them done and up to share soon. So that's what I'm doing today... what are you up to?

lisa

[via b-wonder; 2,3 via lifeinaventicup; via designholeonline; via tobifairley; 
better homes and gardens; house beautiful; houzz; via inspiringinteriors]

13 comments:

Barbara@HausDesign said...

LOVE this idea. I have had the third pic torn from a magazine for a long time - I love that room and I thought those shots of the trees grouped like that looked so cool! I've signed up so I look forward to seeing the results. Thanks so much for the comment today!

Formerly known as Frau said...

I think the frames you bought will be a nice accent...I frames a series of b&w of our travels and it's a nice reminder and conversation piece.

I'm working out, making Zucchini bread and organizing my daughter college apps....fun times!!

Have a great day! :)

Razmataz said...

Great idea Lisa. I would love to do that. I fear have a few dozen extra holes in my walls though. I met a man in Toronto who hangs art for a living for designers galleries etc.

Karen said...

I love that idea and it's so much more affordable and personal than a mass produced piece of art. I'll be curious where you find frames.

Miss Val's Creations said...

Art walls always look amazing. The crisp black and white will really bring give you a cooling effect in Dubai! Have fun with your project. ~Val

jeanette from everton terrace said...

I really like groupings like this. I have black and white with large white mats in a long line in my living room and it makes me smile every time I walk in there. Today I'm going to unpack our suitcases because we've been home for two days and I suppose it's time :)

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Love big walls of framed art. Can't wait to see yours! Glad everything is coming together for you!

Meeling said...

Love your idea...can't wait to see your finished project!!

Jo @ In Corners of My Mind said...

Great inspiration images. I think it will look great over your new sofa. Can't wait to see how it all turns out. Such a nice way to add art and a personal touch to the space. Enjoy! Happy Thursday!

designchic said...

Love a picture gallery, and like you, I prefer the more structured look. Can't wait to see your goodies!!

InteriorGroupie said...

Those frames are gorgeous - a nice soft tone for a more structured wall. Love it!

Logan Living said...

Your frame is beautiful and I think a gallery wall is an awesome way to dress up a space!

Designing Domesticity said...

Hanging a collage like this makes me too nervous. I always go for the random look. Good luck! liz

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails