Monday, September 12, 2011

[ whole grain goodness ]

GRAINSACKS have become more and more popular and there's just something about them that says homey, comfy to me. They're soft, rugged and textural - the perfect pairing with linen and white slipcovers.


I ordered one months ago from a lovely Etsy seller in Austria with an enormous selection of antique linens {see her shop here}.

My plan was to make a couple of cushions for my sofa after being inspired by these great spaces:


Aren't these rooms lovely? 

I finally got around to making my cushions and here's a sneak peek...


I managed to get 2 cushions from one grainsack with a piece leftover that could become the front of another cushion, or cut into little lavender sachets.

I'll show you how they look on my sofa when I reveal my art grouping {yup, I got it done!} ... stay tuned!

lisa

[my sweet savannah; 2, 4 french larkspur; tony hutchinson; an indian summer;
junk style; pale and interesting; maison de michele; twig and white;
secret garden cottage; dreamy whites]


15 comments:

Robynne's Nest said...

Lisa, I have a small collection also, but I can't bring myself to cut them up. Looking forward to your reveal. Robx

Vintage Home said...

Looking forward to seeing them and your art!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Love the grain sack pillows....they turned out great ! Can't wait to see your sofa and art groupings. You have been a busy girl!

Jo @ In Corners of My Mind said...

Love it! Can't wait to see the reveal...you must have had a successful weekend. Happy Monday!

Meeling said...

Love vintage grain sack pillows...can't wait to see your whole wall/room!!

Jane said...

Oh Lisa, thanks for the link. Hmm, this could prove expensive...I'm most impressed with your cushion, you clever soul. Bravo! J x

Lynne said...

Your pillows are fabulous! I am smitten with grain sacks right now. I love how they can translate into so many concepts of style!
~Lynne
[w/L]

Marianne said...

Oh, I love these so much! Can't wait to see more!

Karena said...

Lisa I love your pillows. The grain sacks fabric is really great and goes with almost anything!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

I have a fabulous Giveaway from Interieurs I hope you will come and join!

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

Nice job!! I guess this is going to replace the burlap we've been seeing so much of,huh? Love this.

jeanette from everton terrace said...

They're great! I think they go with almost any interior as well. I can totally see them in my modern home, my mother's traditional place or my daughter's shabby chic vintage apartment :)

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

What beautiful images. They all so scrummy, don't they? It's nice seeing a themed collection of photos - it makes me appreciate more fully the gorgeousness of these cushions!

Sarahx

flowers on my table said...

Love your cushions and all your photos. I have just recently purchased my first piece of vintage hemp which I am going to use as a stair runner. I am thrilled with it. I purchased it from Christina too and she was such a delight to deal with, I certainly will be going back for more. Looking forward to seeing your art installation. Love Linda x

abeachcottage said...

They look lovely, can't wait to see how you've grouped them together. Thanks for linking to Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays.

Geddes Ulinskas said...

Wow, this post really caught my eye. Everything is so thoughtfully done. Quite inspiring.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails