Thursday, September 15, 2011

[ lighting issues ]

WHEN WE moved into this apartment, all we got was bare bones. Any lighting consisted of lightbulbs hanging from the ceiling and no curtains or blinds anywhere (I know, the landlord really made an effort).


There are some things that I don't mind spending money on, like furniture and things that can be used later on when we move from here. But considering all that we are having to buy, I didn't want to spend much on things like hallway and entry lighting fixtures.

IKEA to the rescue! For all of $4, I was able to pick up a Lobbo shade that snapped together in a flash. And all we had to do was unscrew the lightbulb, pop on the shade and screw the lightbulb back in. Easy peasy!


I think it does the trick and you can't beat the price!

lisa

14 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Wow I can't believe it was only 4.00!!!!! Thats a lot of look for almost no money...good choice!

Jane said...

Just brilliant, Lisa. Your landlord has obviously not been to IKEA lately! J x

Formerly known as Frau said...

100% better! I love Ikea for that very reason! When we moved to Germany all we got were wires hanging...but Ikea to the rescue! First several days until we could find Ikea we lived by flash lights!

I wish we had an Ikea here closest one is almost 4 hours away! boo hoo!

Karen said...

What a great solution.

Meeling said...

Gotta love Ikea!!! Looks really good and way more expensive than $4. :-)

designchic said...

Wow...great light for $4.00. Thank goodness for IKEA!!

Lynne said...

God bless Ikea! I love seeking affordable treasures there! That drum lamp shade looks like a million and four dollars!
~Lynne
[w/L]

Jo @ In Corners of My Mind said...

Wow! Looks fantastic...who doesn't love Ikea eh?
Thanks for sharing!

Sara Szatmary said...

Oh my gosh-- I know it's "cheap" but I swear that I get the most compliments on items I get at IKEA.

Marianne said...

What... $4? I'd say that's pretty brilliant!

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

The nearest Ikea is 5 hours away and I only make it there maybe once a year and am so overwhelmed I don't actually get anything I need. What a great looking shade for a amazing price! I'll remember this one!

emily said...

What a perfect (and budget-friendly) solution!

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

That's a great investment!!! You probably could even add some grosgrain ribbon around the top and bottom if you wanted - but really, what a great solution!

SHERRY HART said...

Yeah girl that is my kind of transformation!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails