Monday, September 19, 2011

[ those crazy canucks! ]

HAPPY MONDAY! So remember how I mentioned that I'd be enjoying a few Tim's coffees on the weekend since it was opening its first international location here in Dubai on Saturday?



Well, let me just say that nothing brings Canadians together like Tim's. Not only was it crazy busy, but word spread like wildfire. And as a new expat here, it was definitely the place to meet and connect with other Canadian expats!

Cheers of joy could be heard by everyone who walked in, some brought their own Tim mugs from home, some brought in their hockey equipment. Everyone was tweeting, taking their photos with their coffees and walking out with armfuls of donuts, double doubles, iced capps and bagels.

We shook hands, hugged, shared stories and gripped our coffees like they were liquid gold. Strangers all becoming new friends. We Canucks are a crazy bunch!

lisa

16 comments:

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! Nice to have a little piece of home there with you! We love our Tim's here in MI too!

Lynne said...

Mugs and Hugs! Lisa, what a cute story. How fun to find such a warm connection so far away from home.
Have a great week!
~Lynne
[w/L]

Razmataz said...

Isn't that great Lisa. It doesn't matter where you are in the world, that connection with home means so much. I hope you meet some people you can have a coffee with again..

Formerly known as Frau said...

This is so great .....Canucks are coming out of the wood work!! I hope you had a wonderful time and lots of double doubles...making new friends! Have a wonderful Monday!

Tezzie said...

haha!!! Love it! Timmy's cup waving will be replacing flag waving for Canadians abroad, any day now ;)

Meeling said...

How fun!!

So glad you got to enjoy that. :-D

jeanette from everton terrace said...

That's wonderful :)
I'm glad you found a group of "old" friends. Home is where the heart is after all.

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

That's so cool. What a fun way to meet other Canadians! I love the sign too!

Jo @ In Corners of My Mind said...

Just a big smile...that's what I have from reading this post. So glad you found a slice of home. Enjoy!

christine, just bella said...

Awww, this warms my Canadian heart :)

Marianne said...

Love this, Lisa! I'm sure it was nice to meet fellow Canadians now in Dubai. Sounds like a good time to me!

Red Door Home said...

Sounds like lots of fun. How great to find a little taste of home.

Travel With Lulu said...

That is so cool! I am really happy for you :) Sounds like a great way to kick off your new experience

flowers on my table said...

Hi Lisa, thanks so much for visiting and leaving lovely comments. I am glad you liked my staircase, and enjoyed my little Yorkshire tale! Have a very happy day, love Linda x

Barbara Matson said...

That is sooo awesome!

Anonymous said...

Did you get a double double and tim bits?
The Timmies signs don't even look that great here, and I'm an hour away from the very first one that ever opened and started it all here in Ontario Canada!


Ciao Bella!
CREATIVE CARMELINA

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails